Web Hosting Supplemental Agreement
Please select a legal note:
The policies and guidelines expressed herein
constitute the rights and obligations of the
parties entering into agreement for the rental
of connectivity and/or hosting space. This
document establishes operating principles
and acceptable use policies as they relate
to the Customer's use of the Internet and
the connection/services provided by Harpwro
Enterprises, Inc to the Customer.
This agreement is binding as long as Customer
maintains the hosting account. Each
month that Customer does not ask for termination
of the account, subjects said Customer to
this set of rules as they are now or may be
defined or modified during the month.
The Internet is a voluntary association
of users interested in and willing to exchange
information and data with other Internet users.
At present there is no oversight group providing
governance over the principles, policies or
procedures for use of the Internet or the
information and data accessed via the Internet.
In order to facilitate their contractual
relationship the Customer and JoinWeb
wish to define a working protocol of principles
and policies and establish operating guidelines
and acceptable standards of use of the Internet.
To this end the parties agree as follows:
Principles Governing Acceptable use
of the Internet by the Customer
Responsibility and Respect - The
Internet is a network intended for use by
mature, adult users. The Customer recognizes
this principle and undertakes at all times
to act with respect, courtesy and responsibility,
giving due regard to the interests and rights
of other Internet user groups. This general
guideline carries with it the following specific
a) Knowledge of the Internet
- The Customer agrees to obtain a basic knowledge
of the Internet and its operating principles
and procedures. Customer agrees to be fully
responsible for all content. JoinWeb shall
not be responsible for losses incurred because
of hardware or network failures. Customer
should maintain backups of all their files, databases or any other contents.
JoinWeb does provide backup systems but under
no circumstances will JoinWeb be responsible
for lost content.
b) Improper Uses - The
Customer will avoid violation of certain generally
accepted guidelines on Internet usage such
as restrictions on mass mailings and mass
advertisements, pirating or copying of software,
mail bombing or other methods of attempting
to deny service or access to other users,
and attempts to violate security.
Mass Mailings, or BULK Mailings
otherwise known as SPAM or UCE
will result in the immediate termination of
Customer's account and removal of Customer's
files from our servers. SPAM shall be considered
a violation of our policy whether or not our
mail servers were used to send it. Example:
Customer uses a third party to send BULK mail
directing them to Customer's web site which
resides on our server.
c) Compliance with Laws
- The Customer will ensure that its use of
the Internet complies with all applicable
federal, state and local law and regulation,
including but not limited to those principles
of law which protect against compromise of
copyrights, trade secrets, proprietary information
and other intellectual property rights, libel
or defamation of character, invasion of privacy,
tortious interference, and export of technical
or military data to prohibited countries.
NO Adult material may be presented or transferred
through our servers by file or by e-mail transmissions.
d) Validation of Information
- The Customer is responsible for validating
the integrity of the information and data
it receives or transmits over the Internet.
e) Security - The Customer
is required to protect the security of its
Internet account and usage. The Customer's
password will be treated as private and confidential
and not disclosed to or shared with any third
f) Discretion and Judgment
- The Customer is expected to use discretion
in the treatment and handling of Internet
information and data and to take particular
care to insure that adult information is not
transmitted through JoinWeb servers as it
may end up in the hands of juvenile users
of the Internet.
g) Pornography - Due to
legal and social issues, we will not accept
customers who publish pornographic images.
If an existing customer publishes pornographic
images, JoinWeb will suspend your account.
If account is suspended due to porn violations
.. there will be no refunds of fees paid.
h) Excessive CPU or RAM
usage - Customers will not be allowed to use
excessive amounts of CPU or RAM processing
on any of our servers or face immediate suspension
(alternatively we may delete the programs
or script affecting the system) .
g) Insults - We don't tolerate that our customers
insult our staff when requesting support of any kind. We reserve the right to
cancel services refunding the unused period of time of web-hosting
h) DEDICATED SERVERS - Dedicated server customers paying services month to month must inform us of
any cancelation of services at least 60 days before the cancelation date.
Description of non authorized uses :
1) A few customers have tried re-selling
our counters or auto-responders to the rest
of the world.. which caused an excessive amount
of requests on our servers.
2) Sending of email bombs.
3) Providing CGI or Scripts access to other
3rd parties (.asp, .php, .pl, .plx, cgi, etc...
- any kind)
4) IRC Bots ... These bots can create hostility
among other net users ...which result in spamming
and mail bombs.
5) IRC Activity of any kind is banned on all
6) Chat systems (unless the one provided by
7) Mailing lists system running through ASP, PHP, PERL or any other programming language, clients are only allowed to send newsletters from the service we provide as long as correctly configured and not used for spam
8) MASS EMAIL
SMTP can't be used for sending newsletters or continuous posting to
multiple recipients, system will systematically delete excessive emails and may
block SMTP services - if a client continues attempting this activity even after
been warned, the website may be canceled or the mail server deleted and all
Reactivation fee will apply for clients who insist on this line of action
b) Clients can't use external services to send mass email of any sort, we receive email bombs as protests and receive thousands of underliverable messages flooding our services.
9) Mailing Lists are the only authorized way to post newsletters but under
- List must be password protected, there's a limit of messages monthly, depending on the specifications of the hosting plan
- Lists can't be used for spam purposes
- Each message sent to the list must be under 100 Kb
- Mailing lists may only contain email addresses of visitors who freely subscribed it
- Client must configure the list sending as instructed on the list management area (check the system for details)
10) POP3 use - clients are not supposed to configure email clients such as Outlook, Eudora or others to check emails automatically for less than 5 minutes period (we recommend setting the check timer to be at least 10 minutes).
11) INCOMING SPAM - Any domain receiving excessive spam may have mail services suspended until volume reaches acceptable values.
12) EMAIL ACCOUNTS DISK SPACE POLICY - Space for emails on windows accounts is unlimited, but emails are not to be left on the server for more than 60 days. On Linux accounts space is accounted for towards total disk space of the account. Clients must make sure emails are regularly downloaded. For privacy reasons we don't backup email accounts contents.
i.) Suspension - Activity
which results in your account being suspended
will result in loss of fees paid. No refunds
will be made. Damages caused by your account
will result in financial loss to you. Any
complaints arising as a result of your client
activity will be obvious grounds for suspension.
Should your account be suspended, you will
NOT be granted access to retrieve your files,
this is a security precaution.
j.) Payment - Failure to
make required payment when due or by late
period established, will result in your account
being terminated without notice. Should
account be terminated, all files will be destroyed.
k.) Refusal of Service
- We reserve the right to refuse or terminate
service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Should service be terminated due to a policy
violation, no fees will be refunded.
Termination of service may include the deletion
of any files we find offensive or the total
deletion of all stored content.
Free Scripts and applications offered
Together with many professional components, scripts or applications, we
provide some FREE scripts and applications to help clients with easy to use
solutions. This several free scripts (shopping cart, dynamic catalog, online
CRM and many others) are provided as they are and clients are supposed to
use at their own risk - we can't be held responsible by such free
applications not corresponding to what the client needs.
Please select a legal note: